How to Save Inheritance Tax 2022/23 (Paperback)
18th edition with almost 300 pages of up-to-date inheritance tax planning ideas.
Proper inheritance tax planning could save your family hundreds of thousands of pounds. This comprehensive and completely up-to-date book tells you everything you need to know about inheritance tax.
It takes a detailed look at both simple and sophisticated tax planning strategies and will help you decide what action you and your family should take now.
The author, Carl Bayley, is a former chairman of the Tax Faculty at the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales and is currently a member of the Institute's governing Council.
Topics covered in the guide include:
- A plain-English guide to calculating inheritance tax and how the tax works.
- Tax planning timetable: Steps to take at key points in your life.
- More than a dozen tax planning techniques for protecting the family home.
- Fully updated guidance and examples showing the impact of the 17 year freeze in the 325,000 nil rate band - made worse by today's high inflation.
- Absolutely everything you need to know about using trusts to save inheritance tax.
- How to use Business Property Relief to pass unlimited assets to your family.
- How to gift assets during your lifetime without causing financial hardship to you and your spouse.
- A whole chapter on the tax-saving potential of family investment companies.
- Possible future changes to inheritance tax.
- Details of UK investments that may escape inheritance tax.
- A whole chapter on advanced inheritance tax planning techniques.
- Lots of information throughout for landlords and property investors.
- Plus lots more...
Dozens of clear real-life examples are used throughout to explain important points.