Thank you for your interest in The Brain Lair Bookstore Consignment Program. We believe in supporting local indie-published authors. We have a limit of 6 authors at a time.
- Your book must have the author name and title on the spine
- Your book must have an ISBN
- Your book must be no older than 12 months
- Your book must conform to our mission of providing high-quality inclusive children's books
If your book meets every basic requirement above, you may qualify to be a part of our consignment program. We review every book before making our decision, and look for the following:
- Book must have a character from a marginalized community as one of the main characters
- The marginalization of the character should not be the focus of the story
- Grammar mistakes and typos should be minimal though preferably absent
- Cover design must be marketable and well thought-out
- Page layout must be clear and professional
- Illustrations and photos must be well placed and clearly reproduced on the page
- We take content and quality of writing into consideration
Basic Consignment Fee: $50
Retail Split: 40 store /60% to you
If you believe your book meets our basic criteria, we will be happy to consider it. Please compose a letter essentially pitching the book, sales history if you have any, reviews, a brief description of the book, and something about the author. Email the letter to email@example.com Put your book title and CONSIGNMENT REQUEST in the subject line.
We do not accept electronic review copies. We do not accept books unless we request one from you. PLEASE DO NOT SEND OR BRING your book to the store unless requested.
- Basic Consignment Fee: $50
- Retail Split 40/60%
- Initial run of 4 copies of the book
- The Brain Lair Bookstore will display the books for 3 months
- During the 3 month period, we may contact you for additional copies if items sell out
- At the end of the consignment agreement, The Brain Lair will return unsold copies and any payment accrued from book sales
- Books left more than 6 months wil be disposed of
- The Brain Lair Bookstore will only pay for items that were sold. Damaged or stolen items are the sole financial responsibility of the author
- Author MUST market the book on their website, Facebook page, and other social media sites
Thank you for considering the Brain Lair Bookstore!
Acceptance into the consignment program does not mean an event will be hosted at The Brain Lair Bookstore.